In Tech on May 11, 2014 at 12:27 am
I’ve been working on 2 games today… Wildstar Beta is going along. My Chua is level 10 and my Exile Human settler is level 12 I think.
I also logged into Heroes of the Storm Alpha and finished the tutorial to show the game to a friend. It’s not my style of game. I can just see people not getting along and I get very nervous about playing with others. I got several photos to share later just from poking around in Heroes of the sTorm.
In Journal on November 13, 2013 at 3:37 am
Project: Infinity (Photo credit: Jesse757)
My 2 predictions for the next World of Warcraft expansion were:
- The Burning Legion – I mean Wrathion pretty much flat out said they were coming.
- wibbly-wobbley-timey-whimy kinds of things…
Looks like I get to combine them a bit.
Basic premise of the new expansion: Garrosh escapes and with the help of a “friend” goes back in Draenor time to stop the orcs from drinking the blood of Mannoroth. He creates his new ideal of an Iron Horde.
It’s was slipped in one of the panels that the “friend” was Kariozdormu. Most of us level 90s probably know him better as Kairoz from the Timeless Isle who gives us the strange vision quests.
I’m excited to see quite a few things along with the new story.
- New character models. There’s a possibility not all will be ready at launch, but they are quite a bit better with real facial movement. And the gnomes! the new female gnome models.
- Garrisons. These kinda seem like a cross between the farm and SWTOR’s missions for your companions. Not really sure how the levels, qualities and adventurers are going to work out, but sounds interesting.
- Collections. OMG I need this now. Toybox UI, Heirloom UI, being able to favorite mounts.
- Increasing profession supplies stack size.
- Quest items are no longer in your bag!!! I’m sold right here.
Missed a few days for NaBloPoMo, but getting back into the grove.
In Journal on November 5, 2013 at 5:51 pm
Flashpoint (TV series) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I’ve watched the Flashpoint TV series and one of the phrases that stuck with me is “We meet people in the worst 20 minutes of their lives.” This applies to me quite often. I work as a critical care nurse. I am literally with people for the most stressful time in their life. But I’m damn good at my job. I some days have to remind myself of this. This job is very stressful. Plus I’m a traveler. I get 2 days of orientation at a new place then I’m expected to function. I get just a few days to pack & move… So do I have stress? A lesser person would run screaming.
You think sometimes with depression, how would things be different if you were never born. I have to nip this thinking in the bud. I know with my job that there are multiple people who are alive today because of me. I remember 6 years ago, I was having an absolutely horrible week. I had just gotten written up because I had so many absences from work that year (something like 6 incidences because of my migraines). I was at McDonalds getting some fries to eat because that’s the only thing besides peanut butter & crackers that I wasn’t throwing up. A lady I didn’t recognize came up to me, told me that I had been her dad’s nurse and told me thank you for caring for him. I don’t remember what I said to her. I’m not even sure I’d recognize her face if I saw her again. But I remember how she made me feel as if I mattered right when I needed it most.
What I accomplished yesterday:
- I got up in time to go to my drug screen for work.
- I survived getting there, the clinic being closed, & being patient while my company rerouted me to another clinic for my drug screen.
- I only cried once.
- I texted my dad.
- I managed to level 3 pets during my pet battle dailies. Arctic Fox Kit, Nordrassil Wisp & Amethyst spiderling.
- I raided Flex with my guild and killed Garrosh for the first time..
In Journal on July 6, 2013 at 2:22 pm
Really liking the herbalism uses with this mount.
We posted last week briefly about the Sky Golem, the redesigned engineering mount that will allow you to pick flowers as you fly around. And we posted a picture of the Sky Claw, but now, there is video of this mount in all its glory. And guess what, Engineering just became the best profession. Again.It’s all a little confusing, really, as we were convinced that this would look like the sky claw we’d all seen before, but this is far, far better. It’s effectively a shredder suit, that you put on, and fly around in. There are four different colors available, as you can see from Adriacraft’s video above, and all of them look pretty great.
This is crafted by engineers, at a cost of 30 Living Steel, as well as 30 Jard’s Peculiar Energy Source. These are currently created on a daily cooldown, so it’s going to take engineers a while to get this mount built. However, there is no requirement for Engineering skill to use it, at present at least, so this mount can presumably be sold on the Auction House! I am leveling my engineering just to build this. And you should too.
Filed under: News items, Mists of Pandaria
The mount you’ll engi-need in Patch 5.4 originally appeared on WoW Insider on Mon, 01 Jul 2013 20:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Permalink | Email this | Comments
via WoW Insider http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/07/01/the-mount-youll-engi-need-in-patch-5-4/