With patch 4.3 just around the corner, I thought I’d mention which features in 4.3 I’m looking forward to.
- Raid Finder – While Book & possibly Nature may see normal mode, most of my 3 alts (probably 4 or 5 by the end of this ex-pac) will only see Raid Finder version of the Dragon Soul. But like most new things, I’ll probably avoid it for the first two weeks for people to get past the learning curve.
- Transmogrification – My last tier set that I actually liked was Tier 9. Hated 10 & 13. Didn’t care about 11 & 12 as they were ok. Plus you hit that really awkward clashing phase between tiers. Believe me the Tier 12 pants really didn’t go with the Tier 11 shoulders. I’ll be rolling in either Blue Bloodfang or Tier 7.5. Who cares that I’ll have a mixture of Firelands normal(red)/heroic(purple) gear, it will look like Valorous Bonescythe.
- Void Storage – My poor bank! There is no space left. Things are sitting in my bags because I don’t have room for them in my bank. This will be a much needed relief for my bag situation because I’m function with basically 11 bag slots.
- Darkmoon Faire – The old Darkmoon Faire was showing it’s age. Games aren’t really fun anymore after a few plays. Want to earn tickets? Go buy a pair of Green Pants off the AH & turn it in…. Or go farm up the mats & craft it for a turn in…. Not fun in the current state of MMO gaming. The new DMF has games that look like fun yes still carnival. Ring Toss? Cannon shoot? You play games to win tickets. Your redeem tickets for prizes. Oh, yay! I’m at Chuck’e’Cheese! But I like these prizes better. Mounts!, pets!, old dungeon tier replicas!, heirloom gear! (hey you could get heirloom gear without having an 80-85 to grind out JP). Also you have professions dailies that award +5 skill points as well as tokens. So good way to skill up professions IE my enchanter & my jewel crafter 35 free skill up points in a week with DMF. Not only is is primary professions, but Archeology, Cooking, Fishing & First Aid also get +5 skill up points for their quests.
- new dungeons – I’ve made no secret of the fact I’m sick of the Zul dungeons. We’ve been running them since 4.1 (April 26, 2011) . Same TWO dungeons. For four character’s gear. If you wanted valor points these 2 dungeons would get you to the weekly cap. No other way to reach cap outside of raiding. At this point of the expansion dungeons aren’t for getting the gear out of them. They are for getting the Justice Points/Valor Points to purchase the best purchasable gear you have access to. Zul’Aman & Zul’Gurub drops i353 gear. Tier 11 normal drops i359. You can purchase i359 gear for Justice Points & i378 gear for Valor Points. Why grind a i346 or i353 level drop when in 29 boss kills or less (assuming you have guild perks give you 77 JP per heroic boss) you can easily purchase a shiny i359 piece that outclasses dungeon drops? And those Valor Points I talked about currently gets you 378 gear (though soon those will be available for JP & VP will get you 397 gear come patch 4.3).
We’re getting THREE new dungeons in this patch. And it will drop 378 gear, same currently as the Firelands normal raid. So if a few days of dungeon farming you can get the equivalent of what I’ve been working since June on. Granted I’ve got a few pieces of Heroic Firelands gear which is still superior to the new dungeons, but basically within a week or two things will have changed.
What I’m not looking forward to is the possibility of being in this patch for the next year. Mist of Panderia isn’t even in Friends & Family Alpha yet & it will be in Beta for at least 6 months (or at least that’s my guess). My guess is December 2012 for release at the earliest.
- Gearing Up Book in 4.2 (tatianamik.wordpress.com)
- Gearing up my Balance Druid – Naturebook (tatianamik.wordpress.com)
- Tier 13 Fashionista – The Rogues (tatianamik.wordpress.com)
- WoW Patch 4.3: Revenge of the Re-subs! (encrazedcrafts.wordpress.com)
- Blizzard posts patch 4.3: Hour of Twilight info hub (wow.joystiq.com)
- Be thankful you don’t have to play these Rejected Darkmoon Faire Minigames (wow.joystiq.com)
- Patch 4.3: The games of Darkmoon Island (wow.joystiq.com)