While I can spout off such things as what is the basic stat you want (ie Agility, Strength, Intellect) for each spec a lot of the “finer” details I have to research. So I thought I’d share some sources I currently use.
Elitist Jerks http://www.elitistjerks.com
This is a guild website believe it or not! But they are known for excellent theorycrafting & number crunching community. The forums for each class (except warriors) are usually a fairly decent place to start for things such as attack rotation priority, spec, secondary stat priority, geming & enchanting. Since many of the theory crafters keep this up to date, but be aware that much of this information will be for high end gear/skills. For example, Tier 11 raiding there wasn’t much call for Boomkins to take a talent for AoE slows & it was left out of the recommended “spec” for Boomkin, Tier 12 had several fight mechanics that needed it so after Tier 12 was released the forums changed the recommended spec to reflect this change. There are occasionally enchants mentioned as being the best until you get to Heroic raid tier or after you get your 4 piece tier bonus when another enchant will ben up outperforming it.
- Breakfast Topic: What’s your idea of good random in-game fun? (wow.joystiq.com)
- WoW Fashionista: Rogue Tier review (tatianamik.wordpress.com)
- Your one-stop post for all specs and classes in WoW Patch 4.2 (mmomeltingpot.com)
- What I’m looking forward to in patch 4.3 (tatianamik.wordpress.com)
- Rogue’s Gallery Update (tatianamik.wordpress.com)
- Tier 13 Fashionista – The Druids (tatianamik.wordpress.com)