I work as a travel nurse so the Birchbox Wanderlust box has inspired this post. I wanted to list a few of the “travel beauty products” that I enjoyed the most.
- GoGear Travel Tubes – While not a “beauty product” exactly I love these to store shampoo, conditioner & shower gel. I’m 20/400 vision without my glasses on, but I know right away by the colors which bottle has my shampoo versus my shower gel. These bottles are made out of silicone so you are able to squeeze out the product without much waste. For facial moisturizer & cleanser I use Sephora’s Deluxe Airless Travel Kit. They just don’t dispense enough for my shampoo/conditioner for my long hair. I have to sit there pumping & pumping the device to get enough shampoo out.
- Amore Pacific Treatment Cleansing Foam – This concentrated cleanser has Vitamin E microcapsules to moisturize while you clean your face. This is a very expensive product, but considering a sample tube in a starter set ($50 for the set) lasted me for 6 months. You barely use any of the product for very good results. I learned about it from a beauty consultant at Sephora.
- AmorePacific Treatment Enzyme Peel – The starter set sample tube of this has lasted me a year, but I swear by this. After this was put on and was washed off by the beauty consultant at Sephora, my friends turned around from looking at the nail polish & asked if she had put foundation on me. This isn’t harsh and calms my skin when it’s irritated and inflamed. I don’t even use it as much as they recommend (was recommended 2–3 times per week), but about 1–4 times a month.
- Nuance Salma Hayek Facial Cleansing & Toning Towelettes – You can find these at your local CVS Pharmacy. They contain the mild Quillaja Extract cleanser and chamomile extract to soothe the skin. They are easily packaged to throw in a purse or travel bag.
- Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me – I was recommended this from a sales rep at Ulta as part of my “5 minute face” we were assembling. My friends and I were kinda shocked she recommended a “bargain” line over one of the more premium sales line product. Maybelline did a good job with their Baby Lips line. It’s a lip balm with intense moisture and a light tint of color and some gloss. It comes in multiple colors & it is flavored but it sticks around even with me chewing my lips.
- Pür Minerals 4-in–1 Mineral Foundation – Another of my “5 minute face” recommendations from the Ulta consultant. She pushed it over the more popular brand name mineral foundation as it contains moisturizer in the formula. It’s also SPF 15 so I don’t have to apply sunscreen as well. The Porcelain color is great for my pale white girl night shift worker skin.
So what items do you have to take with you when you travel???