The birds are angry. The pigs have stolen their eggs. So they have declared war! This is a catapult game. You blast the birds at the pigs. Some birds have special abilities to get the pigs out of their fortifications. I get frustrated with it because I get stuck on levels. The learning curve needs not to be so steep .
I’m just taking a stab at this since I myself haven’t gotten a hunter past level 19. Good resource database is wow-petopia.com
Ask yourself what you do want from your pet?
- solo questing & leveling?
- tanking for you & a friend?
- extra dps in a dungeon?
- a good mix of damage & armor for pvp?
You can have 5 total pets. See a Stable Master to stable your pet so you can tame a new one.
Pets come in 3 categories of pets
- Tenacity – high health, but low damage. These are good for solo questing, leveling or as a tank for a small group. Examples: Bears, boars, crabs, crocolisks, gorillas, rhinos*, scorpids, turtles, warp stalkers, worms*
- Ferocity – low armor, but high damage. These are good for extra damage in a group that you already have a tank for. Examples: Carrion Birds, cats, core hounds*, devilsaurs*, hyenas, moths, raptors, spirit beasts*, tallstriders, wasps, wolves
- Cunning – medium stats. These strike a balance between health, armor & damage done. Examples: Bats, birds of prey, chimaeras*, dragonhawks, nether rays, ravagers, serpents, silithids*, spiders, spore bats, wind serpents
*exotic pets only tamable by beastmaster hunters with the 51 talent point skill
Also look up what they eat. So you know what they will eat. Bears & boars do eat anything.
- The Best WoW Hunter Pets (brighthub.com)
- Begining WoW (tatianamik.wordpress.com)