You work hard on your characters & your account. Just type /played & find out the amount of time you’ve played your character. It usually is more than you would think. So protect it with a few basic precautions.
- Practice good computer hygiene. Keep your anti virus up to date and scan your computer regularly. One favorite way of scammers is getting a keylogger installed via a virus.
- Beware of individual whispers for individuals you don’t know. WoWBoonie whispered me to say I need to log in at or my account will be suspended for suspicious activity. Keep in mind Blizzard will just suspend your account & sort it out later. They also can do stuff such as reimburse a day of play if they so choose. You may encounter a variation of this with “You won XXXX prize. You need to log in to claim your prize at .” Blizzard has the ability to just drop it in your mailbox.
- Beware of phishing emails sent to your email address.
- Buy and use an authenticator. Accounts with authenticators can be hacked, but not easily.
Related articles by Zemanta
- How To Protect Yourself From Getting a Facebook Trojan Virus (brighthub.com)