9/24 at 7pm Eastern. Sign up if you have an Alliance character you want to take to Siege of Orgimmar!
We launched Google Reader in 2005 in an effort to make it easy for people to discover and keep tabs on their favorite websites. While the product has a loyal following, over the years usage has declined. So, on July 1, 2013, we will retire Google Reader. Users and developers interested in RSS alternatives can export their data, including their subscriptions, with Google Takeout over the course of the next four months.
via Official Blog.
I use Google Reader & have for years! Now I’m going to have to find another service to use. Granted I’ve used Reeder programs recently, but I’ve sync-d between computers & iOS devices with Google Reader. Now I need to find something else. Which is fun considering I use about 4 different devices and 3 different operating systems. So anyone have any suggestions on new RSS readers to try?
Write faster. I’m always trying to do that. Now with Google Scribe that may be possible. It starts trying to guess the rest of the word you are typing or even the next word you will put in your sentence. It can be weird seeing the next word you were looking for pop up in front of you. But it is based on statistical analysis of the English language. It’s currently in the Google Labs, but I figured it was worth a mention. I just type what I want into Scribe then copy and paste where I want the text to be. It is also making me a little more verbose because it keeps suggesting more of a phrase than I was originally going to use, but then I see it works better that way and I keep it.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Google Scribe Gives Autocomplete Suggestions As You Type (techie-buzz.com)
- Google Scribe Predicts What You’re Going to Type (webpronews.com)
- Google Scribe (googlesystem.blogspot.com)
- Google Scribe – Google launched a very interesting tool … (Alex Chitu/Google Operating System) (techmeme.com)
But despite these wins, and numerous loyal fans, Wave has not seen the user adoption we would have liked. We don’t plan to continue developing Wave as a standalone product, but we will maintain the site at least through the end of the year and extend the technology for use in other Google projects.
Sad to see it go, but it would need to replace email totally & it didn’t have that kind of integration yet. I expect to see some of the robotics like spell check & translation, drag-n-drop features in other Google products here soon.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Update on Google Wave (The Official Google Blog) (techmeme.com)
Image via Wikipedia
Just my random twitter scribblings. Twitter helps with making a really random blog post.
- 05:32 @amelia_book That’s cause you never pick up the phone unless its me. #
- 05:34 @amelia_book you don’t call anyone else either. #
- 06:42 @amelia_book yes it does matter. #
- 09:45 tinyurl.com/5orc35 #
- 09:45 I made it home. #
- 17:42 mcDonald is loving on me. #
- 20:00 McD is telling me all about his week and his love of gooshy food. #
- 22:03 @lethann sounds yum. #
- 22:34 Ceesau is #2 on my Top Artists this Week at Last.fm www.last.fm/user/tatianamik/ #
- 22:53 McDonald is crashed out under my chair. #
- 23:05 WordPress.com is using Google Gears for offline usage. Now RTM & Google Docs & Google Reader. Glad to see more useages for offline apps. #
- 23:07 @demonasolace I don’t play WOW. I think I’m the only one who doesn’t #
- 23:11 @demonasolace my excuse is I’m not a gamer even though all my friends are. #
- 23:37 Boo is lying on my purse. McDonald is lying on my laptop case. They don’t want me going anywhere. #
Automatically batched by LoudTwitter